Xbox Game Pass is one of the best and most popular subscription services that allow users to access numerous games. Microsoft will charge monthly or annual plans for downloading or playing any game. In case if you prefer to stop the billing then it is essential to cancel the current Xbox Game Pass subscription.
Make use of your Xbox One device to sign up or register for the Xbox Game Pass subscription. However, it is not possible to cancel it immediately. There are various methods to cancel your Xbox Game Pass subscription through a PC or Xbox One Device or even turn off the auto-renewal feature.
Canceling Xbox Game Pass through a PC
Follow the below procedure to cancel the Xbox Game Pass subscription using a PC:
- Open a web browser and access your Microsoft account.
- Navigate to the “Services and Subscriptions” webpage.
- Choose the appropriate Xbox Game Pass subscription and access the Manage weblink located below the Xbox logo.
- Within the existing page, press the “Cancel” link.
This process will cancel your Xbox Game Pass subscription successfully.
Canceling Xbox Game Pass through Xbox Device
Follow the below procedure to cancel the Xbox Game Pass subscription using your Xbox device:
- Access the Guide on your Xbox main screen with the help of the remote controller.
- Pick profile and click on the “A” button.
- Choose the gear icon for accessing the menu.
- Select the System tab and navigate to the Settings option.
- Then tap the “A” button.
- Highlight your account and choose the Subscriptions option. Proceed by pressing the “A” button.
- Choose the current Xbox Game Pass Subscription and again tap the “A” button.
- Within the “Payment & Billing” section, choose the “View & Manage Subscription” option and again tap the “A” button.
- It will load your Microsoft account and utilize your remote controller to cancel your Game pass subscription.
- Below the Xbox logo, press the Manage link and then tap the “A” button.
- Make use of the remote controller to highlight the “Cancel” option and then again tap the “A” button to finishing canceling the Xbox Game Pass subscription.
Turning off the Auto-Renewal feature of Xbox Game Pass
The alternative methods for canceling your Xbox Game pass subscription by turning off the auto-renewal feature. This cancellation option will leave the activation of your Xbox game pass until its current subscription period. If you enable this option then it is possible to access your Game pass even after the expiry period.
This could be an ideal option to change your Xbox game pass before the subscription period (current) and prevent your subscription from auto-renewal option. If you can still play any games even after completing the subscription period then it is required to re-subscribe for the service. Follow the below-provided instructions to turning off the Auto-renewal feature:
- Open up a web browser and access your Microsoft account.
- Access the Services & Subscriptions menu and choose your Game Pass from the available list.
- Click on the Manage option and select Change.
- Within the Game Pass Management webpage, disable the Recurring billing option.
- Now, press the Confirm Cancellation icon.
Once the current subscription period is completed then you will not able to access your Xbox Game Pass and also not charged for the service. If you prefer to join the Xbox Game Pass again then press the Re-subscribe option to continue the game access. This will be helpful if you would like to save money and discontinue the Xbox Game Pass. In case, if you prefer to change the annual plans to monthly plan then press the Switch Plan icon.